17 Jun Hungry – Try our recipe for Beef Skewers with Tabbouleh
Beef Skewers with Tabbouleh
800 grams of rump steak (fully trimmed, cut into 1.5cm cubes)
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of garam masala
1 red capsicum (seeded, cut in 1.5cm dice)
1 green capsicum (seeded, cut in 1.5cm dice)
8 wooden skewers
180 grams burghur
1 lebanese cucumber
3 large vine ripened tomatoes (seeded, diced)
1 large carrot (peeled, grated)
1 cup of fresh flat leaf parsely (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Toss the beef, extra olive oil and garam masla in a medium bowl
- Thread the beef, and capsicum alternately on prepared skewers.
- Place the burghur in a heat proof bowl, pour over enough boiling water to cover, set aside for 2minutes.
- Drain well, pressing out as much excess water as possible.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cucumber, tomato, carrot, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil to the burghur and stir to combine.
- Season to taste freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat char grill pan, barbecue or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill skewers for 1-2 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve skewers with the tabbouli and a wedge of lemon.
Each serve of this recipe provides:
- 3.25 serves of vegetables
- 2 serves of grain (cereal) foods
- 2 serves of lean meat/alternative