07 Feb Hungry? Try Our “Creamy Pumpkin Soup” Recipe
Creamy Pumpkin Soup served with Bread and Nuttelex
- 75g butter, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled & chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 3/4 cup single cream, plus extra to serve
- 50g baby spinach leaves
1. Melt butter in a large stockpot over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Add pumpkin and carrots. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
2. Add stock. Bring to boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until pumpkin and carrot are tender. Cool slightly.
3. Blend soup in batches until smooth. Pour into a clean saucepan. Add cream. Stir over a medium heat until hot.
4. To serve, divide spinach among serving bowls. Ladle soup over. Drizzle with extra cream. Season with pepper.